RE: [Epic] Good bye Epic

From: Miller, Chris <CMiller_at_...>
Date: Mon, 30 Mar 1998 09:58:40 -0600

> > Why wouldn't they announce it?
> > GW is defiantly one of the weirder game companies I have heard of...
>
> Because people would stop buying figures and rules?

-------> That's one of the reasons. Also past behavior - they _never_
make a big deal out of dropping a game. In fact , they usually do not
even mention it until a new version is in the works, and then they act
like they're doing all the fans of a game a favor with the new edition.
White Dwarf and the Journal will never mention a game's impending
demise, nor the fact that it's gone. The only way to tell is when you no
longer see that it has a section in the "new stuff" pages at the front
of WD, and no ads in the magazine.

We've seen this with SM1, SM2, MOW, DF, SH, ME, etc.

40K and Fantasy are the only games where you see material even when a
new edition is in the works, mainly because they do not let those games
go OOP while prepping for the new one, though as to whether that's a
good thing is open to debate as purchasers of the Vehicle Manual and
Arcane Magic can testify.

Chris Miller