Re: [Epic] Good bye Epic

From: Mike Looney - ionet <mlooney_at_...>
Date: Mon, 30 Mar 1998 09:57:01 -0600

anvil_at_... wrote:

> Mike Looney - ionet wrote:
> >
> > The current version just SCREAMS to use figures other than GW's.
> When I
> > get arround to doing IG most, like say 70%, of my regiment (and yes,
> > plan on doing a full regiment, not this piddly ass battalion that
> most
> > people call a regiment) will be non-GW minis
>
> I have used CMD's Future Wars infantry for IG (FWG-01), you get 10
> stands of infantry for $6.50. I've also got Alternative Armies
> Firefight
> Citymap units which is about 5-8 stands per blister. I'm curious,
> though, on what you plan to use for everything else. I think the list
> would also be interested.

For Rough Riders: Heroics & Ross W.W.II Cavalry (Russian, German,
Cossack)
For Grunts: The ones you listed, plus Irregular Miniatures, both SF and
Modern
For AFV Irregular Miniatures SF line
For Artillery CMD makes a nice artillery plus IM makes several that work
quite nicely. The Germans made some _weird_ huge artillery in both
W.W.I and W.W.II. They make fine siege artillery for E40K

Irregular Miniatures can be a bit of a problem to get, but American's
can get them via Silver Eagle Wargame Supplies

http://members.aol.com/~eaglewars/private/sews.html

Nice folks, run as a literally "mom and pop" operation.

They IM 6 mm catalog covers every thing from Biblical up to SF, by way
of high fantasy. It does help if you have some idea of what the real
world thing looks like when looking for thing to replace E40K figures.
I am still trying to figure out what to use the "Sacrificing Druids"
as...
--
Sillyness is the last refuse of the doomed.  P. Opus
http://www.spellbooksoftware.com