Re: [Epic] Using old style bases in E40k??

From: Francois Bruntz <fbruntz_at_...>
Date: Tue, 31 Mar 1998 05:25:01 PST

Cornelius a �crit

>Steve Wik wrote:
>
>> I know that generally this is acceptable, but I was wondering
>> specifically about things like rough riders and bikes which used to
>> be
>> done two to a base and are now done three to a base.
>
>They don't have to be. IIRC, you can base them how you like,which >is
the only
>way they make any sense, given the way you
>can guy them. Personally, I base them one at a time, because
>otherwise, how do you represent one (or two) out of three
>getting scragged.

In fact, if you choose to base them by 2 (or one by one), they will be
very vulnerable to the artillery such as Whirlwinds and other Khorne
artillery...

>> The only real benefit my (admittedly inexperienced) eyes can see >>
with
>> the new bases is ease of painting...
>
>Mine too. And I think they're displayed better, and the two HWs on
>the devastator stands look better. Besides, I rescued a bunch of
>my old guys (though I lost almost all of my assault company).

I agree that the new stands look much more better than the old ones but
they are also more difficult to cover and they are not adapted to the
old Epic Space Marine buildings... :(

Francois Bruntz
Apprenti MIAGE (Universite Paris XII - IBM France)

               LORDinateur's Home Page
              Space Marine and Epic 40k
                Last Update : 03/26/97

  http://www.geocities.com/TimesSquare/Dungeon/2370/