[Epic] Using old style bases in E40k??

From: Steve Wik <bosco_at_...>
Date: Mon, 30 Mar 1998 11:38:34 -0700

I know that generally this is acceptable, but I was wondering
specifically about things like rough riders and bikes which used to be
done two to a base and are now done three to a base. I like to use the
old style bases for these because they just seem more mobile and I can
make more units with the same amount of infantry sprues. Is there any
reason why anyone would care? I can't think of any, but just thought
I'd ask...

While we're on the subject, I also thought I'd see what differences you
all really think there are between the old and new bases. I've heard
the new ones are "more tactical"(whatever that means) and make better
use of cover (??) and the old ones are "more vulnerable to barrages" but
this dosen't seem correct to me. If anything, the smaller bases are
less likely to be affected by barrages since you can keep 'em father
apart easier, whereas it seems that the new stands would tend to get
more "bunched up" in tight spaces easier. It also seems like the old
bases are far better at hiding behind stuff than the new ones are
(depending on how large/small your buildings/rubble/trees/etc. are).
The only real benefit my (admittedly inexperienced) eyes can see with
the new bases is ease of painting...

Steve (the other)