Re: [Epic] Net Epic

From: Tony Christney <acc_at_...>
Date: Thu, 20 Feb 1997 15:00:49 -0800

>> From: Peter Ramos <pramos1_at_...>
>>
>> > Pre-TL rules are what? Everything as it stands now except
>> > skimmers can pin skimmers? I really can't remember.
>>
>> You are correct. The pre-TL rules included skimmer pins skimmer.
>
> OK, so what's the justification for re-instating this rule?
>To make the Ravenwing better against Eldar (and vice versa)? I can't
>see any other real benfits (and if it ain't broke, don't fix it).
>
>> Another thing worth mentioning was that in these older rules you could
>> not fire into close combat(regardless of pinning), any opinions on what
>> is prefered?
>
> You also couldn't fire out of close combat, regardless of
>pinning. Which led to silly situations like a lone infantry stand
>charging a Titan and keeping it from firing. The current pinning/
>firing rules are simple, semi-logical, balanced, and easy to remember.
>I see no reason to start fooling with them now.
>
>Scott
>shupes_at_...
Me neither, but I do think that skimmers should pin skimmers because of
the new rules re: Movement. This way skimmers on advance can't escape
CC when attacked by other skimmers. Tempests will still be fairly
invulnerable as they are super-heavy, but they rarely go on advance.

Tony Christney
acc_at_...