Re: [Epic] Net Epic

From: Michael the Liu <mikethel_at_...>
Date: Thu, 20 Feb 1997 16:10:45 -0600 (CST)

>> 1500 points for 3 Warlock titans would not have been
>> too far fetched. They are about equal to a well-armed
>> Warlord, and more fragile to boot.

> Warlock titans are *rare*. I don't feel they wander around in
>battlegroup strength. I also hate paying 750 points for one of the damn
>things, I never seem to get my money's worth.

The abilities alone should be justification for point cost, not some
background fluff. If you never get your points worth, then that implies
they're overpriced, implying they should be either cheaper or available in
battlegroup strength. While I personally am a big advocate of realism, and
thus background fluff usually does matter to me, I don't feel game balance
should be sacrificed for background.

Also, it seems to me you could justify the rarity. Frex, all Titans are
supposed to be rare, and no where in the warlock titan's description does it
even mention that they're supposed to be rare. Also, I don't think its
unreasonable to assume that at some point during the history of the warlock
titan, they've fought together as a battlegroup, and that company fielded is
representing this. The fact that you can take unique units pretty much
dismantles any talk of rarity in the Warhammer 40,000 universe anyways. :)

>Mark

Michael the Liu