Re: [Epic] Blast Markers

From: Scott Shupe <shupes_at_...>
Date: Tue, 31 Mar 1998 13:55:45 -0500

Thane Morgan wrote:

> And all you need is 2 detats of 5 biovore to place 10 BM's every turn, on overwatch.
> Don't need to kill a single figure in the detat you just lost 10 morale for. I wanted to
> make a detat to give my assault broods an edge in CC:
> 1 HT
> 2 TW's
> 5 Biovore
> 4 Assault spawn
>
> They marched once they came on board (my biovore broods are always the last to come in
> on reinforcements), overwatched the rest of the game, laid 5 BM's per turn. In a 750
> - 1000 point game, two turns of firing were sufficient to end the game.
>
> Turns out it was more effecient to just lay out BM's than to throw the assault swarm into
> it at all.

        I think this is less of a problem with the effects of BMs
and more of a problem with under-costed Disrupt units. Overwatching
Disrupt arty (or pop-ups) is *powerful* and not at all expensive.
It's not hard to see that you don't win by killing enemy units, you
win by piling on the BMs, and Disrupt arty units make that damn
easy.

Scott Shupe
shupes_at_... shupes@... http://www.rpi.edu/~shupes
"They lie, and we have to be merciful to those who lie..."