Re: [Epic] Using old style bases in E40k??

From: Tyler Provick <bprovick_at_...>
Date: Tue, 31 Mar 1998 20:05:52 -0500

> Chris Salvato wrote:
>
> > As a contrast, Attack bikes in 40k operate autonomously of any squads; they
> > are their own unit. Therefore, they become a singly-mounted unit in e40k.
>
> Okay. So attack bikes are one to a base, and have fp of 2, but marine
> bikes are three to a base and have a fp of 1. I get it. At least I don't
> have to spend like $6US per unit. That makes me happy.

Hey, I said screw GW, they do it to use, lets do it to them. Base your bikes any
darn way you please. If you plan on playing with friends, put them one to a stand
(heck, do it with infantry if you want, I wouldn't care (That's 16 units under
the barrage template thank you very much, so, with 3 whirlwinds that comes out to
alot because I don't want to do the math)

For the plastic bikes I'm putting them two to a stand. As I mentioned, the
plastic sprues make 3 to a base the stupidest idea (sorry all of you with 3 to a
stand) as I mentioned before, it would take something like 4 sprues of bikes to
make even stands of 3. That's why I say it is stupid (not because 3 to base
doesn't look cool)

Tyler