Re: [Epic] The Force Sombre in SM/TL

From: Scott Shupe <shupes_at_...>
Date: Wed, 01 Apr 1998 11:19:51 -0500

Francois Bruntz wrote:

> Scott wrote :
>
> >> Force Sombre Company
> >> 3 detachments (4 tactical stands, 2 Rhinos)
> >> 1 Command Unit (Inquisitor, 1 Rhino)
> >>
> >> Break Point : 10
> >> Moral : 2
> >> Victory Points : ?
> >> Cost : ?
> >>
> >> My problem concerns the value of this card, could someone helps me
> >> to find it?
> >
> > The # of tac marines and rhinos is the same as 2 full
> >tactical platoons. So just add up the cost of (SM tac platoon
> >x 2) + (Inquistor) and there you go.
>
> I agree with you, it's a good base to start.
> In general company cards allow free units (for example : 3 Reavers for
> the price of two)

        Extreme case, titan battlegroups are cheesy anyway.
Some companies get discounts, some don't, some get the
commander for free. In the last case the commander is
usually nothing special (unlike the Inquisitor), so I'd say
no discount or go for the 50 pt discount that was suggested
elsewhere.

Scott Shupe
shupes_at_... shupes@... http://www.rpi.edu/~shupes
"Ia! Ia! Cthulhu fhtagn!"