RE: [Epic] Web Ring!

From: Chris Pinson <chrisp_at_...>
Date: Thu, 2 Apr 1998 11:00:49 +0930

I guess this goes for every one, not just Mike.

This web ring thing is not=
 a smooth process. The submission system is faulty (blame them for that).

=
Once through the submission your site is placed on a queue. A this point th=
e submission suggests that you put the html code on your page. The problem =
here is that when you are in the queue you are not actually part of the rin=
g, the queue is a waiting area. It needs on of the ringmasters to manually =
check your page out and then shift it onto the ring. Once this is done, you=
 are a fully functioning ring member and the calls to the webring CGI's wil=
l function.

This weekend I intend to greatly enhance the ring home page to=
 cover all this sort of stuff but until then .... take things easy and don'=
t be surprised if it doesn't work as you expect it to.

Mike, mail me with =
the site you wish to delete and I will bomb it for you.

Cheers.

-----Orig=
inal Message-----