Re: [Epic] terrain questions (geo hex?)

From: Alan E & Carmel J Brain <aebrain_at_...>
Date: Thu, 02 Apr 1998 00:04:06 +1000

Steve Wik wrote:

> So, would you say then that a master set is enough? (I didn't see the
> pics you mention, are they on a site somewhere?) Aren't those the $300+
> sets?

1) The Master Set is enough to cover a full ping-pong-table. It's enough
for me... providing you don't want cliffs etc. But these are easy enough
to make. Just order some of the basic unflocked-and-painted Hexes from
GeoHex, they're just over US $1 each.

2) Pics - they were on this list. Can you deal with MIME in JPEG format?
(Ie do you use IE or Netscape 2+ forex to read mail?) If so, I'll mail
you some.

3) Cost $300. Well, here, and in Aussie Dollars, they cost $575. Or
about $350 US. But then again, styrofoam insulation is not available
here (building codes forbid it). And after scratchbuilding basic terrain
boards, I eventually got tired of them, gave them away to the local
wargames club, and decided to blow my wargaming budget for 1998 on some
professional (and transportable) terrain. I also got a 20% discount at
the local convention, which helped.

--
 abrain_at_...  o OO*O^^^^O*OO o oo     oo oo     oo