Re: [Epic] The Force Sombre in SM/TL

From: Stephen Sheldon <stephes_at_...>
Date: Thu, 2 Apr 1998 08:52:06 -0800 (PST)

> > Really, I think that the different armies are quite balanced except
> > Squat armies which can't use Titans with special damage templates (their
> > war engines are too fragile). Of course I do consider that a mixed army
> > of Space Marines and Imperial Guards is cheesy (in SM/TL).
> IG and marines are allies and we never allow allies. The only exeptions we
> make are:
> tech guard may ally with IG
> marines may ally with battle groups and up to one titan-defence company
> per imperator. They may not any support cards available to IG.

IG are the planetary guard, and the titans are stationed with them on
larger imperial planets. Marines are brought in to aid a victimized
imperial force, therefore by the fluff, it is perfectly valid to have a
TL/IG/SM force at any time

Steve

When you dream there are no rules, people can fly, anything can happen.
Sometimes, there's a moment as you're waking, that you become aware of
the real world around you, but you're still dreaming.
You may think you can fly, but you better not try it...