Re: [Epic] How does cover work again?

From: Andy Skinner <askinner_at_...>
Date: Mon, 06 Apr 1998 12:32:58 -0500

Steve Wik wrote:

> I'm sort of confused. If a unit is in cover, then you don't have a line
> of sight to it (as per the rulebook defining woods, buildings, ruins
> etc. as cover) If you don't have a line of sight to it, then you can't
> shoot at it (as per definition of "line of fire"). So.... what is the
> "in cover" line on the shooting chart for??

Although I like a simpler, faster, game, I think they went kinda far
here. If you are inside a terrain object, like woods, you are in cover,
but not out of line of sight. You can see all the way into woods, but
not through it to the other side. They say this has to do with the
typical size of terrain pieces, but I don't care for it. I prefer to
say that units on the edge of a terrain piece like woods are in cover,
but in LOS. They can shoot and be shot at. Something all the way
inside woods is out of LOS, and can neither shoot out of the woods or be
shot at from outside it. Buildings are a bit fudgier, since we
generally place everybody on the roof, and even figure LOS from there,
but I don't think that's where the guys are supposed to actually be.

andy

--
Andy Skinner
askinner_at_...