Re: [Epic] Cost of the Holofield ability

From: Francois Bruntz <fbruntz_at_...>
Date: Wed, 08 Apr 1998 01:59:07 PDT

>Does anyone know how much the Holofield ability (if hit, save on 2+)
>would
>cost ?

No idea... :(

>I thought that (a long time ago) it was mentioned in a WD that the
>Harlequins (or their vehicles) were the units which had a holofield
>(before
>the titans); it could be that it was for WH40K and not Epic. It's
>just that
>it would find it 'more or less logical' for the Harlequin vehicles
>(Falcons,
>Wave Serpents, Vampire flyers) to have the holofield ability. This
>could
>probably result in really cheesy armies, but it would be really
>'fluffy' ^_^
>
>Any suggestions/remarks ?

I think that you can't use the standard holofield rules for simple
vehicles. The titan holofields are not (so?) cheesy because each non
saved hit will become a critical touch (no need to roll a die and to
have a 6). With vehicles, you should use a holofield of 4+ and then it
would be the cost of the standard save (4 points I think).

Francois Bruntz
Apprenti MIAGE (Universite Paris XII - IBM France)

               LORDinateur's Home Page
              Space Marine and Epic 40k
                Last Update : 04/03/98

  http://www.geocities.com/TimesSquare/Dungeon/2370/