[Epic] Golden Daemon Suggestions

From: William Rood <wrood_at_...>
Date: Tue, 14 Apr 1998 09:22:51 -0400

I plan on entering the US Games Day 98 Golden Daemon for Epic 40k. I've looked
in past issues of White Dwarf to see composition of detachments, unit selection,
and painting quality. My question to the group is this: with the advent of the
new Epic40k painting Rules, what would you suggest for a good composition of
units.

To those unfamiliar with the US rules this year, it requires 2 detachments of no
more than 30 models total. Of those 2 detachments, one of them should be mostly
infantry or small vechiles.

My thoughts are this: An eldar "death from above" scene.

Composition:
Detachment 1:
1 Vampire Raider
2 Phoenix Bombers
3 Intercepters

Detcahment 2:
1 Farseer on a Vyper (1 pick of commander on a vyper (or on command falcon?))
6 Stands of Jetbikes (3 support picks)
4 Stands of Swooping Hawks (2 support picks, 2 main picks) mounted in 2 Wave
Serpents and 2 Falcons
3 Vypers (3 support picks)

While I know this is a silly combination of units to field in play, I think they
would be appealing on display with maybe a cloud background and broken runes.
What are your suggestions / comments?

Thanks.

--
// William Rood - Systems Development