Re: [Epic] Pro-GW Speech (Fishing for free stuff from GW)

From: Stephen Sheldon <stephes_at_...>
Date: Tue, 14 Apr 1998 10:44:54 -0700 (PDT)

> As for the length of waiting for the new armies to come out. I've never tried
> to sculpt for that scale, but I assume it is hard. Plus, look at the big things
> that have come out recently. Greater Daemon and the Night Spinner. Plus
> modeling new Blood bowl teams.

I thought BB was just going to be re-releases.

One thing I don't get is why everyone complains about it being cancelled,
yet look at the number of 2nd ed players still around. The fact that the
game is so simple, and expandable, and the rules ALL come in the box is
amazing. With this list we are never going to run out of ideas, the only
thing we will be missing is the miniatures, and there will always be mail
order.

> One more thing, GW expensive? Maybe. I did amass a 2000pt army for $150
> Canadian.

True, My fiance picked up a new Eldar force of about 6500 points for ~$300Cdn
I have a 17000 point Imperial army that I only paid full retail on the
ordinatus and the attack bikes, everything else was traded or bought on sale.

It is still very expensive though.

> Not a rant, not upset, not angry, not flaming, not better then you, not more
> right then you, not smarter then you, not more or less anything then you, just
> expressing some views

Sounded like an anti-rant to me

Steve

When you dream there are no rules, people can fly, anything can happen.
Sometimes, there's a moment as you're waking, that you become aware of
the real world around you, but you're still dreaming.
You may think you can fly, but you better not try it...