Re: [Epic] Epic Campaign

From: Tyler Provick <bprovick_at_...>
Date: Sat, 18 Apr 1998 21:40:59 -0400

> Nah, I don't like many of them very much either.
>
> Which rules set do you use? E40k or SM/TL?
>
> You were discussing small surgical strikes..
> Why not single, assassination strikes. They talk about these all the time
> in rulebooks, and books but they don't have rules for them..

The rules are for E40K, but can probably be retro-fitted for SM because they
rely mostly on point values. The only problems is Permanent Damage, which deal
with the XP rules for E40K and Fortifications

I'm designing these rules to play, and did not plan on assasinations. I guess
that would be something I could add after playtesting. I plan on playing the
role of Controller which is basically an Arbitrator, so I could allow them. Or
perhaps add yet another card system with a special card for assasinations.

Assasinations is something more for Warhammer where it would make a bigger
difference. Assasinate someone and there's already a replacement waiting in
Epic. Like, big deal, you took out the HQ. You can easily allocate a
replacement, it makes no difference.

Someone higher up perhaps? As I said, you can easily replace them. There is no
race that will fall apart if you kill their highest person

'Nids, if you can find the creature in charge of the mess sure. Imperium, go
ahead and try to assasinate the Empire. Chaos, fine, assasinate Nurgle. Orks?
Yeah, they'll care. Eldar, is there one person who controls all Eldar?

A neat idea, but it'd be more practical to destroy buildings. Take out
factories. Send a 100 point Detachment and then fight a small Warhammer
campaign. A great idea if the people I play with all have Warhammer armies. Of
course, I could always get a hold of the Travel Warhammer rules I saw on the
net, free base the infantry and have a ball.

Tyler