Re: [Epic] Q & A website?

From: Mike Looney <e41k_at_...>
Date: Mon, 20 Apr 1998 14:43:34 -0500

On Mon, 20 Apr 1998 00:28:30 -0600 Richard Desnoyers
<rdesnoye_at_...> writes:
>I don't want to be an alarmist, but!
>Does anyone out there know what happened to the original "Allen's Home
>Page" with the Q & A pages by Jervis Johnson and Andy Chambers for
>Epic and Epic 40K?
>(http://work1.utsi.edu:8000/~amccarle/EPIC40K.html)
>I wasn't able to get through to the server for about a week, now I
>can, but I'm told that "The URL you asked for does not exist on this
website."
>I do know about the mirror at Spellbook Software [great site BTW]
>(http://www.spellbooksoftware.com), but this vanishing act of the
>original website does not give me a very good feeling.
>I hope that it's not another in a series of epic disappointments so far.
>Chaos?

According to Allen, the admin for the servers at his school are morons,
(well, not exactly what he said but close) and they have "fixed" the web
server to the point that it's tossed it's last packet. At any rate he
has read/write access to my site so any new pages will most likely go
there FIRST, given that the "real" site is dead in the water.

I don't think we can blame this one on GW, no matter how much we would
like to.

--
The Epic 41K project
http://www.spellbooksoftware.com/epic