[Epic] Scenario -Reply

From: <CLL_at_...>
Date: Tue, 21 Apr 1998 14:17:19 +0000

Chris Pinson wrote

Hiya all,

I have been thinking of a scenario where two armies are fighting to gain
control of some artifact which is stored in some structure in the middle of
the battlefield ... In addition to the artifact, there are some troops guarding
it. I don't want these troops controlled by anyone but I do need them to
attack as the two armies move in to claim the artifact. Can anyone suggest
a set of rules to control these troops in semi random fashion ???

Cheers.
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

If you have a copy of the rules for SM/TL Robots (In Armies of the
Imperium and Ork and Squat Warlords) they have a robot program
'decision tree' you could adapt this.

IIRC it runs something like this

Enemy in charge distance ?
Enemy in weapon range ?
Enemy in sight ?
Any other situation

You can apply one orders to each situation from the below list:-

First fire. Shoot at the nearest enemy
Advance. Move towards the enemy and fire
Charge. Move towards the nearst enemy and try to beat them up.
Capture. Move towards the nearest objective.
Fall Back. Move away from the enemy.

In E40K you could apply orders using the order dice which equate to the
above SM/TL orders ie:-
Overwatch Frag the nearest target
Assault Beat up the nearest target
March March move towards the nearest enemy
etc

I'm sure you can think of a few more.

Krass