Re: [Epic] Tyranid Titans

From: Francois Bruntz <fbruntz_at_...>
Date: Thu, 23 Apr 1998 01:00:17 PDT

Django Wexler a �crit :

> I had a question....
>
> I play Tyranids, but I have a problem with my titans. The problem
>is vortex missiles. Either in deathstrikes or on imperial titans (I
>play against imperials a lot) they can often kill a hierodule in a
>single shot, and two of them a can take down a hierophant. As my
>titans
>have no shields, every one that hits inflicts d6 death rays complete
>with auto-criticals. In SM/TL Tyranid titans were probobly the best
>in
>the game, cheap and able to kill any equivalent titan. Now that Im >in
>e40K, they're more balanced, but keep getting killed by vortex >missile
>on turn 1! I realise my titans are cheap, but they cost more than a
>deathstrike. How can I stop them?

I was going to say "mycetic spores" but I've just realized that they
couldn't come on the turn 1.
Deathstrikes have the "artillery" ability? If not then hide your titans
behinds buildings.
An other way is to stop taking war engines/creatures for two or three
battles, your opponent will have no need to use his deathstrikes anymore
and you will be able to surprise him during the following battle by
deploying your titans. Of course, this will only works once...

Francois Bruntz
Apprenti MIAGE (Universite Paris XII - IBM France)

               LORDinateur's Home Page
              Space Marine and Epic 40k
                Last Update : 04/16/98

  http://www.geocities.com/TimesSquare/Dungeon/2370/