Re: [Epic] MAATAC/Games Masters conversions?

From: Cornelius Perkins <cperkins_at_...>
Date: Fri, 24 Apr 1998 22:42:39 -0500

Aaron Day wrote:

> Ahhhhh, I don't think your remembering correctly. Just this week DP9 changed the scale
> of thier mini's for Heavy Gear (from 1/72 to 1/144) making all they have sold thus far
> obsolete.

To be precise, this isn't a failure of memory on my part - it's a failure of knowledge.
I've never heard of DP9. I know about Shockforce, Demonblade, Dirtside,
Command Decision, Generic Legions and MAATAC, and I don't think I've
ever heard of them ever obsoleting any previous figures. For that matter, I
don't think I've ever heard of any of the plethora of FRP companies making
any minis obsolete.

As consumers, we're not as much at risk as long as the rules company and the
minis company aren't the same, and especially when the minis come from more
than one source.

Still, I accept your belief that other companies occasionally do this too.

Cornelius

--
// Cornelius Perkins cperkins_at_...
//    http://www.nothinbut.net/~cperkins