Re: [Epic] MAATAC/Games Masters conversions?

From: Tyler Provick <bprovick_at_...>
Date: Fri, 24 Apr 1998 22:45:18 -0400

Aaron Day wrote:

> Cornelius Perkins wrote:
>
> > It's very GW-specific. Other companies keep their product lines up a long time.Only
> > GW has this kind of a history of promoting and releasing games, and then
> > dropping them immediately, without any further support.
>
> Ahhhhh, I don't think your remembering correctly. Just this week DP9 changed the scale
> of thier mini's for Heavy Gear (from 1/72 to 1/144) making all they have sold thus far
> obsolete.

Nothing bad can be said about DP9 IMHO. After the fan club fiasco and some chats I've had
with Jean Carriers (spelt wrong) they are in my opinion, one of the best companies around
today. Unfortunatly their tact scale rules were not well recieved, and they got into an
exclusive contract with RAMF, who wasn't doing a good job on the mini's.

I mean, when you're game designers are on the mailing list and routinely answer everyone's
questions, that's when you'll have players who'll stick by you to eternity

Tyler