Re: [Epic] Assault Orders & Movement

From: Stephen Sheldon <stephes_at_...>
Date: Mon, 27 Apr 1998 11:14:04 -0700 (PDT)

> > enemy A
> >
> > CC detachment
> >
> > enemy B
> >
> > What to do? When this question first came up, part of my CC det.
> > was closer to "A" and part was closer to "B" (the units in the
> > center of the det. were in a gray area), so there wasn't even a
> > "closer enemy" for the entire detachment.
>
> I've wondered about that, too, especially when the assaulting detachment
> would be split, and neither half could do much of anything.

I don't see the problem, by any account (Rules or common sense) the
assaulting detachment is not going to split up, as long as it moves 5cm it
hhas satisfied the requirements of it's assault move, but I would say it
can choose a detachment to assault. If you read the rules then you will
see that they say the detachment must move towards an enemy detachment,
not a unit must move towards the closest enemy unit.

Steve

When you dream there are no rules, people can fly, anything can happen.
Sometimes, there's a moment as you're waking, that you become aware of
the real world around you, but you're still dreaming.
You may think you can fly, but you better not try it...