Re: [Epic] Assault Orders & Movement

From: Scott Shupe <shupes_at_...>
Date: Mon, 27 Apr 1998 14:31:22 -0400

Stephen Sheldon wrote:

> > > enemy A
> > >
> > > CC detachment
> > >
> > > enemy B
> > >
> > > What to do? When this question first came up, part of my CC det.
> > > was closer to "A" and part was closer to "B" (the units in the
> > > center of the det. were in a gray area), so there wasn't even a
> > > "closer enemy" for the entire detachment.
> >
> > I've wondered about that, too, especially when the assaulting detachment
> > would be split, and neither half could do much of anything.
>
> I don't see the problem, by any account (Rules or common sense) the
> assaulting detachment is not going to split up, as long as it moves 5cm it
> hhas satisfied the requirements of it's assault move, but I would say it
> can choose a detachment to assault. If you read the rules then you will
> see that they say the detachment must move towards an enemy detachment,
> not a unit must move towards the closest enemy unit.

        The assault rules also state that you're not allowed to
move away from any enemy detachment. Moving towards A means
moving away from B, and vice versa. Serious hole in the assault
rules (which seem to assume that a detachment will never be
surrounded and want to fight its way out).

Scott Shupe
shupes_at_... shupes@... http://www.rpi.edu/~shupes
"He who casts the first stone usually wins"