Re: [Epic] Net Epic

From: Alan Brain <aebrain_at_...>
Date: Thu, 27 Feb 1997 01:04:13 -0800

--->8-----------

> Next, add up the cost of all weapons, divide the result by two,
> and add to the cost of the chassis. Round to the nearest 50 pts. Also if
> everone agrees we can just half the above values and eliminate the step
> of dividing by two at the end.

Agree to the halving. Agree with the points system in principle, and the
list as stated looks pretty fair for a first attempt. I'd say adopt it
forthwith until playtesting reveals any SERIOUS anomaly.

Since this rather balances things, may I suggest that there be no
restriction on
mounting missiles etc? Maybe CC weapons such as chainfists etc on arm
mounts only, but that's just for visual appeal.

Another suggestion: If you're really lucky, you may have a few things
from Adeptus Titanicus that are not in SM2. Like Titan Psi heads. Like
Titan Corvus heads. Even vulvan megabolter heads.

I would like it so that: any titan which has its head replaced by a
weapon should suffer a penalty of -1 to hit with all rolls. Of course,
if it has a FC platform - ie a 'head' on its shoulders as opposed to
neck - then this is negated. But this has to be WYSIWYG. And it
shouldn't apply to the Close Combat or normal weapon heads.

What about 'Castellan' heads, ie Psi heads? Shall we leave this to
later, when we discuss psi powers in general?
--
100026.2014 compuserve o OO*O^^^^O*OO o oo     oo oo     oo
See http://www.z-world.com/graphics/z/master/8856.gif for picture