Re: [Epic] Odd Gamers (was: Sorry, testing)

From: Tyler Provick <bprovick_at_...>
Date: Fri, 01 May 1998 18:20:29 -0400

> I played against this guy once, he was an Ork player trying
> out his new Eldar army (SM/TL). He made all kinds of sounds - when
> he moved units, when he fired units, when I killed his units... It
> was kinda disturbing, actually. Maybe if I knew him it would have
> been OK, but he was a complete stranger. I don't mind people
> getting into character a little (heck, whenever I play Chaos I get
> the urge to just charge forward and hack the other army to bits),
> but it can be taken too far...

Actually, in a tournament type setting (ie when you aren't good friends with the
guy) I sincerely suggest you stay away from excessive sound effects. I have a
friend who makes sound effects constantly. We were on a 7 hour pull out (All you
pack-rats out there imagine your basement. Now imagine it soaking in sewage. Now
imagine having to clean it up. That was our job) anyway, during this 7 hour job
(it took 7 hours) he was constantly making noises, sound effects for handing boxes
around, walking, whatever. If I wasn't Canadian I'd have broken his nose (Well, he
woulda broken mine, he could kick my ass any day of the week, twice on tuesdays)

Anyway, to sum it up, unless the other guy is making sound effects don't. And
never make them when you are winning. People get annoyed by the littlest things
when they lose (at least, sometimes I do)

Tyler