Re: [Epic] Odd Gamers (was: Sorry, testing)

From: Scott Shupe <shupes_at_...>
Date: Thu, 30 Apr 1998 11:17:44 -0400

Andy Skinner wrote:

> Hmmm, let me throw in some Epic gaming content. Does anyone here make
> shooting noises when they fire a detachment? Take a moment to visualize the
> smoke of guns, the explosions among the targets? Our games seem awfully
> quiet.

        I played against this guy once, he was an Ork player trying
out his new Eldar army (SM/TL). He made all kinds of sounds - when
he moved units, when he fired units, when I killed his units... It
was kinda disturbing, actually. Maybe if I knew him it would have
been OK, but he was a complete stranger. I don't mind people
getting into character a little (heck, whenever I play Chaos I get
the urge to just charge forward and hack the other army to bits),
but it can be taken too far...

Scott Shupe
shupes_at_... shupes@... http://www.rpi.edu/~shupes
"Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun." - Army of Darkness