Re: [Epic] Slooooooooooooooooooow!

From: A. Allen McCarley <allen_at_...>
Date: Fri, 1 May 1998 19:43:23 -0500

> The discusion within our group was to the affect that there were no
> rules governing strategic withdrawl manuvers.Pulling out of a firefight,
> or a defensive position, falling back for a regroup and a filling in of
> a weakening position or charging through a gap inthe enemies position.
> We theorized that GW never envisioned anything but forward movement
> during the game,except when a unit fails a moral test or is brocken.
> Therefore our rules.Where does it talk about rearward movement in eather
> popularrule setts?

There is no requirement to move towards the enemy except during the
assault pahse and then only if you are on assault orders. (And then
you aren't even required to move towards the enemy, just required
to move at least 5 cm and restricted from moving further from the enemy.)

In EPIC 40K when I want to execute an orderly retreat I use standard
orders and move away from the front lines. When I want to bug out
I use march orders and move away from the enemy. I also often use march
orders to redeploy tanks from my center over to a flank that I will want
to make a push from on my next turn.

Allen (The Q&A guy)
Check out the EPIC and EPIC 40K Q&A Pages at:
     http://work1.utsi.edu:8000/~amccarle/default.html

Mirrored by J. Michael Looney at:
     http://www.spellbooksoftware.com/allen-mirror/default.html