Re: [Epic] Slooooooooooooooooooow!

From: Scott Shupe <shupes_at_...>
Date: Mon, 04 May 1998 09:44:48 -0400

Sauron Moridor wrote:

> Sauron1 writes;Scott:
>
> The discusion within our group was to the affect that there were no
> rules governing strategic withdrawl manuvers.Pulling out of a firefight,
> or a defensive position, falling back for a regroup and a filling in of
> a weakening position or charging through a gap inthe enemies position.
> We theorized that GW never envisioned anything but forward movement
> during the game,except when a unit fails a moral test or is brocken.

        This I can envision...

> Therefore our rules.Where does it talk about rearward movement in eather
> popularrule setts?

        Rearward movement is not mentioned, AFAIK. But "Advance"
and "Charge" are just the names of the orders; there's nothing in
the rules that states that a unit on advance orders *must* move
towards the enemy. You can use those orders and still move in a
rearward direction. Fall Back orders represent a disorderly rout
(hence the firing and CC penalties), not a controlled action to
withdraw.

        In E40k, none of the orders aside from Assault carry any
sort of movement restriction, so again you're free to move closer
to or away from the enemy.

Scott Shupe
shupes_at_... shupes@... http://www.rpi.edu/~shupes
"The day will not save them. And we own the the night." - Warmaster
Horus