Re: [Epic] intro and aspect warroiors

From: Mark A Shieh <SHODAN+_at_...>
Date: Mon, 4 May 1998 10:29:08 -0400 (EDT)

Colen McAlister <brother_morgan_at_...> writes:
> In article <199805022019.NAA28676_at_...>, tzeench
> <tzeench_at_...> writes

> >> Why the altered AS?
> >
> >Because dark reapers suck in close combat. I think all aspect warriors
> >should have only two assult as they are barely better than gaurdians. The
> >only exception would be the close combat aspect warriors (banshees and
> >scorpions).
>
> Fair enough. I don't have the Eldar Dex, so I can't really remember
> their statline.

        Yeah, they're not *bad* at close combat, but since most of us
are basing them 3 to a stand anyways, 5 Guardsmen could probably give
them a run for their money...

> >> Give them FP3, and an extra point or three on the cost.
> >
> >I think 2FP fits them as they are exactly the same as guardians with
> >shuikan catapults but slightly tougher
> <frown>
> Wasn't there some special rule in Epic2nd about Dire Avengers? If you
> got a hit, you got an extra attack, or some such?

        I really hated that rule. It was such a hassle to use, when I
actually got to roll another die.

        I think 3 FP fits them, since unlike Guardians, they can hit
the broad side of a barn (BS 4 or 5 instead of 3), and not all
Guardians have Shuricats. I believe a typical distribution of
Guardian weaponry is 1/2 Lasgun and 1/2 Shuricat for ranged weaponry
in a non-maxxed out Eldar WH40k army.

Mark