Re(2): [Epic] Titan Legion rules vs. Epic 40k

From: Fabio VanderMerwe <FVander_at_...>
Date: Tue, 05 May 1998 13:36:17 -0400

space-marine_at_... writes:
>I agree with you 100%. GW is out to sell minis, not produce a good game.
>E40K
>is not a BAD game, but it is inferior to SM/TL. Moreover, GW's target
>consumer
>group is, in fact, teenagers who have never played, or are unfamiliar
>with SM,
>and thus Gw can sell minis to gamers who may have not played ANY GW game
>before. And the new prices for the new blisters, don't even get me
>started!!
Hey, I am one of those "teenagers who have never played ANY Gw game." I
spent 3 weeks desiding which of the Gw games to by. after listen to
people, looking at the minitures, and reading stuff posted on mailing
lists I decided hat Epic was a better game all around. I do not like GW
prices, nor do I like the fact that they are not behind on of there best
games. What I like about Epic40K is the flexability. i have spent many a
night before a game sitting and making army lists, trying to figure out
what would work better. I also like the fact that I can make different
senaarios and campaigns pretty easy. I never got to play SM, but is seems
to me that the rules are to complicated that every second of the game you
have to stop and look up a rule. I like epic for what it has to offer, bad
GW prices can be orked around by buying from places like Traveling age
(Not Shawn's Trading Post!!!)

Fabio

"try, there is no try only do" -Yoda