Re: [Epic] Titan Legion rules vs. Epic 40k

From: Alan E & Carmel J Brain <aebrain_at_...>
Date: Tue, 05 May 1998 23:56:26 +1000

L. Brian Hayes wrote:

> This has already been argued about several times but I have a question. I
> was able to find a box set up Titan Legions this weekend still in the
> plastic for $24.00. I play a Imperial Army and already have a Imperator,
> several Warlord and 13 Knight figs, but at the price I couldn't pass it up.
> If anything I could use the terrain/buildings.

> Anyway to make a short post longer. I started to read the rules for Titan
> Legions and it said it was compatible with Space Marine.

Yes, it merely clarifies the rules a bit, there's almost no change.

> A: With only playing Epic 40K would the Space Marine rules seem more
> involved?

A matter of opinion. Some people think E40K is "dumbed down", that the
rules are more simple.

IMHO - and I do mean my opinion, many people who I respect disagree -
the SM2 core rules are more simple. A lot more simple. And many of the
infantry units differ only in name, not stats. BUT.... maybe 30% of the
units have their very own rules which no other units use. And in TL you
won't find these special rules, for Madboyz, Weirdboy Towers, Death
Rollers, etc etc etc

> B: If playing Space Marine first does Epic 40K take away from the game?

No, I'd recommend trying both. The best variant of SM2 is, again IMHO,
NetEpic, which has the great advantage that the rules set is available,
and many of the bugs in SM2 have been ironed out. At the expense of yet
more special exceptions.

--
 abrain_at_...  o OO*O^^^^O*OO o oo     oo oo     oo