Re: [Epic] Ravenwing Origin

From: Mike Looney - ionet <mlooney_at_...>
Date: Thu, 07 May 1998 09:50:10 -0500

Elaine P wrote:

> .5. The 2nd Co. was called the Ironwing & was built around armor & an
> Ordinatus
> .

Important safety note: The Ordinatus platoons were Whirlwinds and
Vindicators, not the moving chunk of cheddar that took the name in SM/TL

.Ordinatus Platoon (up to 12 per regiment)
     3 Whirlwinds 78 pts.
          or
     3 Vindicators 66 pts.

> The reorganization from Legions into Chapters would clean up a lot of
> the minor conflicts in the background. This same issue depicts a 1st
> Co.
> Deathwing Marine wearing white power armor with the statement that not
>
> enough terminator armor was available for all of the squads. The
> Angels
> of Death Codex states that the Deathwing wears only terminator armor &
>
> does not ever use power armor. Perhaps after the reorganization, there
>
> was enough terminator armor since the Chapter is significantly smaller
>
> than the orginal Legion.
>
> Thanks for the help. Did I get it right?
>
> BTW, with all of the Latin terms & organization into Legions, why the
> use of Platoons, Bn & Reg instead of Centurio, Maniple, & Cohort?

I don't know. That is what the people that did the stuff in WD 126
did. The did a similar thing with IG regiments also.

Off topic, more or less. White Dwarf 126 is my favorite issue of it.
1) The full rules for Space Marines in SM 1st ed are in it
2) Knights in SM 1st rules
3) Coolest cover on a WD ever done. Of course I have a weakness for
goth looking blondes with swords...

--
Sillyness is the last refuse of the doomed.  P. Opus
http://www.spellbooksoftware.com