Re: [Epic] Titan Legion rules vs. Epic 40k

From: Jimi Axelsson <jimi_at_...>
Date: Thu, 07 May 1998 18:56:35 +0200

At 23:31 06/05/98 EDT, some fine fellow wrote:

>For those epic fans who do not know GW's official position on E40K, here it
>is. E40K is NOT one of their main games; they consider it a secondary game.
<snip-a-chunk>
>Rumor has it that once GW releases
>their Chaos line and the new Eldar titan figures, they will STOP
production of
>E40K. What does this tell you? It tells me that the demise of E40K has
already
>been written. Not that I will miss E40K, but I WILL miss Epic. GW's loss.

Whether the above is a fact or something else;

Ok, just what I thought. It's a hell to keep up with all things that come and
go at GW. It got me bloody irritated back when BloodBowl got dropped last
time. But my question is: has anybody else heard of the 18 months rule ?

It means simply that GW products have a 18 month production span and then
they are dropped. I was told this by a fellow running a store,
who seems knowledgable (and who told me that I should wait - BB would be
out again
in the near future. Which it did.).

On the other hand, what do we do about it? Let E40K crash and burn? Hope for
better times? Maybe we all should eat bananas instead?

Jimi
   /\
 / \ /Friendly e-mail: jimi_at_...
/ \/ The rest: /dev/null