[Epic] A Few Modest Proposals

From: Jonathan Westmoreland <JonW_at_...>
Date: Thu, 7 May 1998 10:38:32 -0600

Hello, all,

Being new to this list, I've set myself into lurk mode for the past
week or two. In reading all the posts, I've come up with a few
proposals for the list.

-GW's promotion of Epic 40k. I agree the GW has really neglected
Epic 40k in White Dwarf and in releasing new miniatures. Rather
than get into a long rant about all of that, I have a proposal to the
list. If you/we/the list was in charge of putting Epic 40k material
into White Dwarf, what would you/we/the list put in? I'm not talking
about what new miniatures would be cast, nor what new expansions
we would see. I'm referring to articles, battle reports, etc.
Personally,
I'd love to see a few things. Articles about different tactics with the
armies, battle reports that involve armies other than Marines and
Orks (so far, I can only count one-the Eldar/Imperial Guard report),
and more pictures of miniatures painted by the GW staff and White
Dwarf readers.

-E40k vs. SM/TL-I play both, and my preferences are my own. If
possible, could we start some new threads? This horse is so dead
that there's nothing left to beat anymore.

-New stuff- I posted this a few weeks back, and according to Tim
Huckleberry, its in the works. There is to be a new game coming
out based on Ork aircraft. It will be Epic scale, but a game on its
own with new rules and such. Tim even claims to have a copy at
GW U.S.

Thanks!

Jonathan Westmoreland
All you know is now in question, for your eyes are now open to the Truth
that is Chaos.