RE: [Epic] Titan Legion rules vs. Epic 40k

From: Kelley, Kevin J., JCS <kevin.kelley_at_...>
Date: Thu, 7 May 1998 15:27:39 -0400

There are actually two second tier GW games that have been resurrected -
dont forget space hulk (the thing that got me into GW in the first place).
Now looking to the future ... Gorka Morka will go the way of Necro-munda.
Blood Bowl follow the re released Space Hulk into a second demise. GW has
to support WHFB and WH40k - those are their bread and butter. I am sure that
soon in the pipeline will be another edition of WH40k, maybe late fall. I
suspect there will be one last flurry of Epic releases and publicity to
cover the missing titans and Chaos, hopefully before the WH40k. After that
I suspect even GW does not know what they are going to do. The way to
influence GW is to buy Epic stuff and put on games - attract folks to the
[epic] hobby. E40k is ideal to introduce new players - its simple,
colorful and has some depth. It should be the DBA of GW.

GW seems to be on a course of releasing products (box art wise) that appeal
to the "younger" crowd - but I think after an 11 year old gets GM home and
him and his parents realize it is not "ready to play" - that there is
substantial work involved to put the thing together - sales resistence will
develop. 11 year olds want instant gratification. Parents do too in that
they (and us veteran WGr's are an exception) dont want to put the thing
together either.

Kevin who is supposed to be working on his thesis presentation.