Re: [Epic] Chaos Titan Battlegroups

From: Brett Hollindale <agro_at_...>
Date: Wed, 26 Feb 1997 21:57:36 GMT

At 12:21 PM 26/2/97 -0800, you wrote:
>Spatula wrote:
>>
>> > From: Mark A Shieh <SHODAN+_at_...>

>Our group solved this by allowing Chaos to take unmutated Titans as
>Traitor Battlegroups. This allowed Chaos the Battlegroup discount
>without picking up Chaos freebees.
>

>> > 1) a +2 CAF tail for no cost
>> > 2) they can choose from the Chaos Titan Weapon list in Titan Legions.
>>
>> Assuming you allow such things.
>>
>> > This list includes a shooty tail if you take a Khorne Titan,
>>

>> > I don't feel Chaos should have battlegroups. SM and IG don't. If
>>
>> For all intents and purposes they do, most players don't
>> even consider SM/IG/TG to be seperate armies, especially IG/TG.
>> Or at least, SM/IG have very easy access to them, wheras Chaos has
>> none. I don't think *anyone* should have battlegroups, but if you're
>> going to use them then everyone should have at least one (squats
>> included).
>>
>> > you feel that both SM and IG armies should be allowed Titan
>> > Battlegroups, I'll go the other way on this one, but otherwise, no. I
>> > feel that Chaos should not be able to field titans in Battlegroup
>> > strength when only 1/4 of Imperial forces are able to.
>
>We have always allowed SM amd IG to take Battlegroup Cards at the very
>least as an allied contingent.
>
>> Don't you mean 1/3?
>>
>> Scott
>> shupes_at_...
>
>Another thing that has been mentioned was Battlegroups for Squats. In CJ
>14 they provide stats for the DoomAnvil Squadron. While most of the CJ
>stuff is out there this particular unit made sense. for 900 points you
>get a Colossus and 2 Cyclops. The Colossus recon gyrocopter can spot for
>the Cyclops as well as for the Colossus. This works for missile fire but
>thats is for the Cyclops. They have to maintain normal Battlegroup
>cohesion and are broken when two SHV are lost.

Obviously the DAS (Doom Anvil Squadron) was written by a squat player.
Anyone else would have had the things give up individual VP like a titan BG.
We had a LONG discussion about the effectiveness of squat SHV's compared to
titans and the DAS really changes the costing in favour of the squats.

Having said that (and admitting my opinion that the Squats are the
"cheesiest" army by far...) I actually don't have a problem with the DAS IFF
("if and only if") they give up individual VP like the titan BG's they are
based on...

Agro