[Epic] Chaos Titan Battlegroups

From: Spatula <shupes_at_...>
Date: Thu, 20 Feb 1997 16:03:08 -0500

> From: Mark A Shieh <SHODAN+_at_...>
>
> > > Banelords and other Chaos-enhanced Titans should not
> > > be available in Battlegroup strength, IMHO.
> >
> > You mean 'Chaos-crippled'. I'll take a regular Warlord with
> > decent weapons that I can choose myself & the ability to FF over the
> > Banelord anyday.
>
> Okay, so the Banelord is crippled. But the other Chaos Titans are
> enhanced. They get
>
> 1) a +2 CAF tail for no cost
> 2) they can choose from the Chaos Titan Weapon list in Titan Legions.

        Assuming you allow such things.

> This list includes a shooty tail if you take a Khorne Titan,

        The gun on the khorne titan tail is one of the Banelord's
4 weapons. If you want to take that instead of a real gun, fine
by me.

> Doomfist to
> replace any Chainfists you might have been considering, a Death Storm to
> replace any Gatling Blaster, and the Chaos Energy Whip, the *original*
> ripper tentacles.

        Original but not as good as the bug version. And anyway the
energy whip is really no better than the chainfist. Better at killing
swarming infantry but worse at damaging titans.

> I don't feel that Imperial and Chaos Titans should be the same cost.
> I've also considered tails on Reavers and Warhounds to be very cheesy,
> but this is apparently not popular opinion.

        Warhounds, yes; Reavers? ehhhhh... I'm undecided on that
one.

> I don't feel Chaos should have battlegroups. SM and IG don't. If

        For all intents and purposes they do, most players don't
even consider SM/IG/TG to be seperate armies, especially IG/TG.
Or at least, SM/IG have very easy access to them, wheras Chaos has
none. I don't think *anyone* should have battlegroups, but if you're
going to use them then everyone should have at least one (squats
included).

> you feel that both SM and IG armies should be allowed Titan
> Battlegroups, I'll go the other way on this one, but otherwise, no. I
> feel that Chaos should not be able to field titans in Battlegroup
> strength when only 1/4 of Imperial forces are able to.

        Don't you mean 1/3?

Scott
shupes_at_...