Re: [Epic] A couple of different questions

From: Alan E & Carmel J Brain <aebrain_at_...>
Date: Thu, 07 May 1998 19:50:28 +1000

Brian Thomas wrote:

> 2) Just bought a blister of pulsas. One of them doesn't have a set of
> wheels/treads. Just flat base. It has the launch rail. Is this right, or
> is there a prime mover missing?

New style pulsas come with a variety of launch-rails, some of which are
wheeled, others not. The old SM2 style looks like the illustration in
Book 1 Artillery.

> 3)Anyone know of:
> a. A company, preferably with a website, that sells 1:285/1:300
> aircraft?
> b. A company, preferably with a website, that sells 1:285/1:300 LSTs?

a.
http://www.ghqmodels.com/
For the best (and most expensive). But CinC are also good. Heroics/Ros
make a large
range. Skytrex too. Irregular miniatures make the worst quality, but
also the cheapest.
Do you want WWI , WW2, or modern?

b.
LSTs as opposed to LCTs. The only ones in this scale are by Lindberg,
and OOP AFAIK.
There are 2 - an LST which is in 1/250 scale but is convertible to the
larger UK
version at 1/285 (close). And a 1/285 scale LSD (Landing Ship Dock)
which has oodles
of LCVPs.
These are RARE models. Try rec.scale.models

> 4) Why the hell does it take me so long to paint boyz?

Me too.

> 5) Big gunz can hitch a lift, right? If they are being towed, can a unit of
> boyz hitch a lift atop the batllewagon at the same time?

Officially, No. Remember, the crew have to go somewhere....

--
 abrain_at_...  o OO*O^^^^O*OO o oo     oo oo     oo