Re: [Epic] A couple of different questions

From: Brian Thomas <bthom37_at_...>
Date: Fri, 08 May 1998 05:26:00 -0500

At 07:50 PM 5/7/98 +1000, you wrote:
>Brian Thomas wrote:
>
>> 2) Just bought a blister of pulsas. One of them doesn't have a set of
>> wheels/treads. Just flat base. It has the launch rail. Is this right, or
>> is there a prime mover missing?
>
>New style pulsas come with a variety of launch-rails, some of which are
>wheeled, others not. The old SM2 style looks like the illustration in
>Book 1 Artillery.
>
>> 3)Anyone know of:
>> a. A company, preferably with a website, that sells 1:285/1:300
>> aircraft?
>> b. A company, preferably with a website, that sells 1:285/1:300 LSTs?
>
>a.
>http://www.ghqmodels.com/
>For the best (and most expensive). But CinC are also good. Heroics/Ros
>make a large
>range. Skytrex too. Irregular miniatures make the worst quality, but
>also the cheapest.
>Do you want WWI , WW2, or modern?

I'm aiming for modern. Specifically, Su-27/35 series. However, any and all
are acceptable. I'm aiming for models that will look compatible with the
MAATACs I mentioned earlier (several times, www.stellargames.com)

>b.
>LSTs as opposed to LCTs. The only ones in this scale are by Lindberg,
>and OOP AFAIK.
>There are 2 - an LST which is in 1/250 scale but is convertible to the
>larger UK
>version at 1/285 (close). And a 1/285 scale LSD (Landing Ship Dock)
>which has oodles
>of LCVPs.
>These are RARE models. Try rec.scale.models

I knew I'd get into trouble with that. I did, in fact mean LCT. However,
my brain is fried due to exams, so. Although LSTs would make an interesting
effect too. Hmmmm....Time to hit the NGs and DejaNews.

>> 4) Why the hell does it take me so long to paint boyz?
>
>Me too.
>

>> 5) Big gunz can hitch a lift, right? If they are being towed, can a unit of
>> boyz hitch a lift atop the batllewagon at the same time?
>
>Officially, No. Remember, the crew have to go somewhere....

Plus, one other question. I just submitted a bid in an auction on rgmw for
a Mekboy Gargant. Someone mentioned the rules for converting it to E40K.
Where are they? E41K project? If so, I have it bookmarked ;). If not,
could you please point me the right way?