Re: [Epic] A couple of different questions

From: Luca Fazio <luca_fazio_at_...>
Date: Sat, 9 May 1998 10:30:58 +0000

On 8 May 98 at 12:18, Alan E & Carmel J Brain wrote:

> Brian Thomas wrote:
>
> > I'm aiming for modern. Specifically, Su-27/35 series.
>
> SU-35: Skytrex, Heroics/Ros, and I'm not sure about the latter.
>
> > I knew I'd get into trouble with that. I did, in fact mean LCT. However,
> > my brain is fried due to exams, so.
>
> LCT's are also difficult. Some Italian company made some in mixed scale
> (ie a 1/300 LCT with a seat and a 1//87 plastic toy soldier manning it)
> which after conversion looks OK. But frankly, scratch-building is the
> way to go on these.

you are speking of the old Atlantic boxed set called "operazioni anfibie" !!
Yes, they are 1/300 sold with 1/72 toy soldier !!!
For a long time I found this LCT almost useless... but never thrown away a
minis !!! it can be useful some years later (well after 18 years they were used
in an ampohibious landing by XXVI cadian infantry regiment to retake an ork
stronghold in a large island !)

Sadly this boxes is out of production, but you can find old "collectors boxes
or resin cast copies (in the USA there are several shops on Inet that sell a
lot of old Atlantic stuff !)
Ciao,
Ciao,

Luca Fazio

http://www.geocities.com/TimesSquare/2085/

Please reply to luca_fazio_at_... address only, I have problem with my mail service !! Thank you !