RE: [Epic] Warhammer 40K

From: Andy Skinner <askinner_at_...>
Date: Mon, 11 May 1998 08:32:15 -0400

> From: Jimi Tubman
> In my gaming group, we've started playing 40k but with a single
> e40k mini on
> a 20mm square base. The base is colour coded for id purposes.
>
> Keeps the cost way down!!

I'm mounting mine on washers, and gluing magnetic circles (use a hole punch
on an advertising refrigerator magnet) to the bottom so the figs don't
rattle around to much--I just stick 'em on another magnet in the box.

But I'm not playing 40K with 'em. I'll be playing Stargrunt II (most
likely--played twice so far), or maybe Shock Force. I won't be looking for
a lot of detail in the rules, 'cause I don't want to have to tell these Epic
guys apart.

And yes, this is much cheaper. A single box is an army.

Stargrunt II and Shock Force both use inches for measurement. I'd switch to
centimeters. I think that battlefield terrain laid out in a 2' x 2' area on
the kitchen table looks pretty cool.

andy