Re: [Epic] The Atmosphere of the 40K universe

From: WolfSamurai <bushkids_at_...>
Date: Tue, 12 May 1998 00:23:47 -0600

At 04:02 PM 5/11/98 -0700, you wrote:

>> There must have been SOME change, considering that
>> WolfSamurai sees his marines as "noble defenders" when they used
>> to be rabid psychos in the RT-era. That's a fairly major change
>> in my book...

Perhaps they were rabid psychotic fanatics in RT. I really don't mind that
label since if you really get down and look really hard and deep at the
Marines (esp DA and BA and to a lesser extent the other Chapters) are still
rabid psychotic fanatics (email me personally if you want to hear my reasons).

I just think that GW realised that playing a game where there's no one to
"root" for, no one to cheer on as being "good" guys isn't as much fun as
playing a game where there is. I know it's simplistic. I didn't say it
wasn't. I personally like having a choice of "good" (I'm not quoting that
the rest of the mail, but pretend that I am) armies to play. I find it very
hard to play somebody that I consider evil or similar in nature. It's
hardwired into my personallity and I just can't do it. I can't role-play an
evil or amoral character and I can't play a game it's just black in nature
(and it's not because I don't like the idea of total
despair/chaos/evil/Darkness. If you don't believe me I'll email you some of
my poetry sometime and you'll see) I'm sure that other people like having
the good choice as well (why else would people play IG? Seriously the Guard
suck even with all those neat tanks they're not a really great army). I know
GW probably did it to entice all those eager young minds into thinking that
GW is Good vs. Evil/Wierd/Alien but even they can do something I like even
if it was just coincidental.

If the proceding paragraphs made any sense to you then congratulations. You
understood what I was saying better than I do.

Aaron Roudabush aka WolfSamurai

The Master of the Spirit Blades Space Marine Chapter
Epic 40,000 General of Task Force Grey Wolf

"Peace through Superior Firepower"