Re: [Epic] Warhammer 40K

From: Aaron Day <akkala_at_...>
Date: Tue, 12 May 1998 15:09:07 -0500

Kelley, Kevin J., JCS wrote:

> IMHO the topic was getting a bit tedious. To keep this on topic, in my
> quest for a points formula for inf and vehicles I tried coparing the WH40K
> pts values to the same unit in EPIC. Absolutely no correlation.

I think they started with 40k points / 10 and adjusted from there.
(sentinals 8 from 75, SM squads 15 from 150 etc). Max range has a much
bigger impact in Epic than in 40K, in 40K most heavy weapons can fire
all the way across the table. (thats why the demolisher is less than the
Leman Russ while in 40k the points are switched)

There was a E40k point formula running around a while back, but the
varience was huge between most items. I tried to create a formula myself
using 20 units and matrix math. No luck.