Re: [Epic] Tyranids : good or evil?

From: Tyler Provick <bprovick_at_...>
Date: Fri, 15 May 1998 22:12:37 -0400

> Yes but the fact of coordinating the attack is a clue of intelligence. Of
> course it's not enough to say that the Hive Mind is conscious of the
> effects of its actions but we don't know anything about it after all. I
> think that it must be intelligent enough to have a mind and to know that
> its race can destroy the galaxy but this is only a supposition.

Watch a pack of wolves take down a cariboo, or a couple of male lions take over
a pride from a single male. They are coordinated in the fact that each know its
place, like 'nids. Or take the organelles of a cell, they each do their own
thing, they are coordinated to create energy so the cell can live. The same way
cells are organised.So do you think that Tyranids need to destroy/assimilate
the whole galaxy

> to survive? Can't they just assimilate a part of it? In addition, as
> someone already said it, they can't survive as they destroy all they need
> to survive. Tyranids don't act for their survival, they make a suicide.

I said it, but it might have already been said.

> I wanted to underline that the concept of goodness can vary between each
> race, so you're perfectly right. :)

Thank you, and I agree that good and evil is subjective, and even in
Christianity, where it is supposed not to be (Ie, God make good and evil and
gives us free will to do what we want) the concepts have changed, indulgences,
the crusades. Not to put down any Christians on the list. Personally I think
Jesus kicks ass.

Tyler