RE: [Epic][OT] Question about an English term

From: Kelley, Kevin J., JCS <kevin.kelley_at_...>
Date: Mon, 18 May 1998 07:15:39 -0400

The expression come from the world of professional sports refering to a
superior sports team which kicks their opponents ass meaning they won the
contest handily. It is a compliment, but not appropriate in some social
contexts, like its OK to say in a bar that the [insert your favorite teams
name here] are a kick ass team, but inappropriate at ... say a symphoney ...
"did you hear that kick ass basson?"

kevin.kelley_at_...
My opinions are my own, my employer knows nothing about it.