Re: [Epic] Jetbike question

From: A. Allen McCarley <allen_at_...>
Date: Mon, 18 May 1998 16:12:27 -0500

> That's interesting, because there is nothing to say you can't get off a
> jetbike since you can upgrade to jetbikes as well as a Falcon. The
> difference is that Harlequins are the crew of jetbikes, where are harlequins
> in Falcons are merely passengers

Here is where your confusion arises. There are two things you can do to
various pieces of infantry. You can _upgrade_ them to another unit,
or you can _mount_ them within another unit. Each army list is specific
about which choices are upgrades and which choices are mountings.

When you mount a unit within another, the first unit is riding within
the second. He can disembark at any time in accordance with the transport
rules. When you upgrade one unit to another, however, the first unit
*becomes* the second. No disembarkment is possible. In the case of
Harlequins and jetbikes, the Harly is upgraded to a jetbike. No dismounting
is possible because, well, you can't dismount from yourself. (Unless you
get shot and your sould wanders off..... but I digress.)

I believe the Q&A you state that Aaron was referring to was in regards
to the stats that a Harlequin has once you have upgraded him to a jetbike.
He has only the jetbike stats and the special abilities listed on the
army list. This question was originally asked because a Harlequin has
a higher assault factor that a jetbike, and the poster wanted to know if
he was able to retain this higher factor. He is not.

Hope this helps!

(Oh, and someone did post some optional rules for dismounting cavalry
at one time. I don't remember who it was, but they might want to
repost it.)

Allen (The Q&A guy)
Check out the EPIC and EPIC 40K Q&A Pages at:
     http://work1.utsi.edu:8000/~amccarle/default.html

Mirrored by J. Michael Looney at:
     http://www.spellbooksoftware.com/allen-mirror/default.html