Re: [Epic] Net Epic (Titan point costs)

From: Mark A Shieh <SHODAN+_at_...>
Date: Thu, 27 Feb 1997 02:01:40 -0500 (EST)

acc_at_... (Tony Christney) writes:
> I don't know about this idea. Then again, I'm not sure that I like the idea
> of battlegroups in general. I think that something that was included in a set
> of rules that is, IMHO, likely a marketing ploy, should be in question.

        I've always considered single Titans to be overpriced. I
supppose that "buy two get one free" is a bit too cheap, and should be
applicable to all titans, not just Reavers, Phantoms, Warlords, and
Great Gargants, but I just refuse to pay 600 for a Phantom or 750 for
a Warlock, as I'll never get my money's worth. All it does is tell my
opponent "barrages go here for lots of easy VP, the other shots go
elsewhere for more easy VP".

        Speaking of which, how about making Warlords 800, 1600 for a
BG as a compromise? At least they won't be half-point hosed.

        There's a second reason I like battlegroups... I feel that
all-titan forces should be easy to make under the rules.

Mark