RE: [Epic] pitchers

From: Andy Skinner <andy.skinner_at_...>
Date: Thu, 27 Feb 97 10:54:00 EST

> Well, I have to agree with Oki about the new Warlord titan - it
>is *uglee* beyond belief. It seems to combine elements of the old
turtle
>shell ones and the newer boxy ones, but with an overall Battle Tech
design.
>ugh. The green and black paint job (as opposed to GW's usual bright
colors)
>doesn't help, either. I don't understand why they redesigned it - the
boxy
>one came out how long ago? Like a year or so? And even that looked
better
>than this new design. Why make it so un-gothic, and thus so unlike
every
>other model GW puts out?
I agree about not liking it too much, though I'm not as
much against it. Actually, if titans take so long to
make, maybe it would be neat if they did look a little
different between them. I wonder how a plastic "turtle"
Warlord (my favorite), a metal "egg crate" Warlord,
and one of these Battletech Warlords would look together
in a battlegroup.

What are the black lumps on its shoulders?

I really don't like the look of most of the Battletech
mechs--many look like a guy in armor. I recently sold
the plastic mechs from my Battletech box, though I
kept the Marauder, which I think looks better and sorta
Eldarish. (Well, not necessarily "Eldar", but the
advanced alien race I'd rather think of them as. I
don't like their Titans too much.) If I play Battletech,
I'd be happy with counters or maybe Epic Knights.

There are a wide range of looks for Battletech mechs.
I wonder how many would be OK for Epic titans, if
we assumed they could look different. There is a web
page of pictures of 'em at the Ral Partha page. I
like the first one in the list, the Omnimech Vulture.
Actually, I like most of the ones that don't look like
a big guy in armor. They're certainly cheaper than
GW Titans. Can't tell how big they are, though.

andy
andy.skinner_at_...