Re: [Epic] pitchers

From: Thomas Lee Denney <seether_at_...>
Date: Thu, 27 Feb 1997 10:36:16 -0600

>> http://ukyou.res.cmu.edu/e40k
>
> Well, I have to agree with Oki about the new Warlord titan - it
>is *uglee* beyond belief. It seems to combine elements of the old turtle
>shell ones and the newer boxy ones, but with an overall Battle Tech design.
>ugh. The green and black paint job (as opposed to GW's usual bright colors)
>doesn't help, either. I don't understand why they redesigned it - the boxy
>one came out how long ago? Like a year or so? And even that looked better
>than this new design. Why make it so un-gothic, and thus so unlike every
>other model GW puts out?
>
>Scott
>shupes_at_...

I agree. Why would I spend $20.00(US) on this model when I could buy a
battletech model for 1/4 the price. I just hope they've saved me the
effort all the way around so I can just buy battletech mechs for all my
titans, not just the warlord. Of course WYSIWYG will apply to them making
the possibility of using battletech stuff impossible.

Judging from the looks of this one, they've now reintroduced the concept of
paying for the chassis and paying for the weapons separate, seeing as how
the model in the picture has no weapons mounted on the carapace. Also, the
base doesn't seem to have a void shield counter in it. Does this mean we
have to keep track on paper, or with cheesey little counters lying on the
base? And I'm only left to wonder what new chapters and titan legions are
going to be introduced that make-up the colors of the new units. Yellow
Space Marines? That strange, but more battle realistic green colored
titan? Have we seen these chapters before and not just remembering the
color scheme?

Ravenwing Speeder Motto: Dark Angels don't die, we just go back to the
rock and regroup!

seether_at_...
Ezekiel- Grand Master of Librarians